UK Movie Screening License. Who do I contact?

More
2 years 10 months ago #5939 by David Winterbottom
David Winterbottom created the topic: UK Movie Screening License. Who do I contact?
Hi All,

I'm looking to put on a showing of the RHPS movie as part of a larger event. I was wondering who I needed to get in touch with about the license. All I've been able to find are Criterion's US and Canadian sites.

Thanks,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #5943 by RHRFrankie
RHRFrankie replied the topic: UK Movie Screening License. Who do I contact?
Greetings David,
You have found the company (Criterion) that handles license rights for the film. I use the US office to acquire my showing rights. The Canadian main site, will refer you to the US office if you are not showing in Canada. Criterion can answer your questions about oversees showings. (Or you can even check with the UK RHPS fan clubs)

Expect the following:
~ they can provide you any media that you need or what --- shipping charges are separate
~ using your own media -- avoids those charges
~ I haven't checked this years rates but the list price is but is was/is $350 list except for October. Then it's $525. You can negotiate the price, so don't let them force you to list price.
~ they have 2 license types for PPR. One is for no charge showings. The other is 50/50 ppr = anything collected over your license fee is split 50/50 with Criterion.
~ a lower license fee is possible for show's at specific locations annually (like schools) see their website for details.

If you need an agent contact number, just let me know.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by RHRFrankie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.